Application Information & Procedures
Thank you for your interest in Canyon Heights Academy!
Enrollment is now open for the 2019-20 school year in all grades, Early Montessori – Grade 8. Please contact the Admissions Director for information. To submit an application, please review all of the information in this section and then proceed to the online application.
Please contact our Director of Admissions, Mrs. Tiffannie Thom, to answer any questions and/or walk you through the process.
- a completed grade-appropriate application for each student — applications are available to download or can be completed online
- a copy of your child’s birth certificate
- a copy of your child’s Baptism certificate or passport (if applicable)
- $50 non-refundable testing/application fee
Once these items are received by the Admissions Director, you will be contacted to schedule a date for the assessment.
After the assessment, the following items are also needed to complete the application process:
- completed Student Questionnaire (grades 2-8) – available to download
- grade-appropriate Teacher Evaluation form – available to download
- copies of report cards for the current year and any prior years, standardized testing results and educational assessments (if applicable).
These can be delivered via mail, via email as scanned documents, faxed to (408)370-7147 or hand-delivered to the Admissions Office. These may also be hand-delivered on the day of the scheduled assessment.
Step 2. Assessment
All applicants must be tested prior to admission and placement to insure a correct fit between the applicant and the academic and social expectations in each classroom. Assessments are scheduled by appointment and conducted by the admissions office in one-on-one or in a small group setting.
The time needed to complete the assessment varies by grade:
- Early Montessori, Preschool and Kindergarten: 15-30 minutes
- Lower School: 45-90 minutes
- Middle School: 90-120 minutes
Preschool and Kindergarten assessments determine developmental readiness including fine and gross motor skills; logic and sequencing; auditory, visual and verbal development; and socialization skills.
Lower and Middle School assessments determine if the student is at the appropriate level for our academic program.
Your child does not need to study or prepare for their assessment.
- Why you’ve chosen Canyon Heights Academy?
- Hopes and goals for your child.
- Our mission as a school and how that fits with your expectations.
We ask both parents to attend the interview if at all possible. This is also an opportunity to ask questions about CHA. The interview takes between 30 and 60 minutes.
Step 4. Notification
Students are accepted in classes with available spaces based on the results of the assessment, parent interview and supporting documentation. If space is not available, a student who would otherwise have been accepted will be placed on a Waiting List.
The results of the application process will be sent by mail.
The acceptance packet is included with acceptance letters. A completed contract and non-refundable enrollment fee are needed to secure the student’s space in the class.
Open House Schedule