At A Glance
Canyon Heights Academy was established in 2000 as an independent private Catholic school, operating with full approval of the Diocese of San Jose and served by the priests of the Legionaries of Christ. As part of 150 Regnum Christi schools in the world, Canyon Heights Academy produces integrated graduates with a mature and balanced intellect, leadership potential and well-formed virtue to thrive and succeed in Silicon Valley and the world beyond.
Canyon Heights Academy serves students 18 months through Grade 8. We provide a strong academic curriculum, enrichment classes in the fine arts and foreign language, varied extra-curricular activities for all grades and opportunities to serve the community.
Our approach to education is based on Integral Formation. Integral Formation recognizes the development of the whole person in 4 interlocking dimensions:
- Human – Nurturing an upright conscience, well-rounded virtues and solid character
- Intellectual – Providing a rigorous curriculum that draws the best of each student’s natural aptitude and prepares them for higher academic achievement
- Spiritual – Guiding each child to develop a relationship with God and an appreciation for the richness of the Catholic Church
- Apostolic – Helping students to recognize the needs of their world, creatively enact solutions and share the love they’ve received
Canyon Heights Academy is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA). Canyon Heights is fully recognized as a Catholic school by and within the Diocese of San Jose.
After-School Activities and Extended Care
A wide-range of after-school activities, including athletics, science, art and music are available. Extended Day Care is also available to all students, 7:30am-6pm.
Hot lunch is available to all students through School Caterers.
265 current enrollment – Preschool through Grade 8
Student: teacher ratios
- Preschool/Kindergarten – 1:9
- Lower School – 1:10
- Middle School – 1:10
Our families come from all over the Silicon Valley, from the Peninsula to Morgan Hill.
- 23 full and part-time teachers
- Average teaching experience – 10 years
- Enrichment teachers in Art, Music, PE, Spanish, Latin and Technology
- Education Support Specialist
- 3 part-time librarians in Media Center
- 1:1 Middle School iPad program for technology training and curriculum enrichment
- 3:1 Lower School iPad program as part of learning centers
- Interactive flat screen TV’s in all Lower and Middle School classrooms
- Video and film instruction in Middle School with iMovie and Final Cut ProX
Students have twice-weekly PE classes. Athletic programs are available preschool through eighth grade. After school recreational athletics through fourth grade include soccer, volleyball, basketball and futsal. Grades 5-8 participate in flag football, volleyball, basketball and track as part of the Diocesan league.
All students attend regular music and art classes. Canyon Heights offers an annual Christmas program in all grades, Lower School and Middle School Art and Music Fair, Lower School Spring Production and Middle School Film Festival.
Student Leadership Council
All Middle School students are invited to participate in the organized projects of the Student Leadership Council. Students must apply for SLC positions including an application, teacher recommendation and outside service hours.
Opportunities to serve the school and outside community are available to CHA students. Our students average over 30 hours/year in service which exceeds the service hour standard required in most high schools.
Open House Schedule
Click here for our Contact List
To contact one of our school administrators, please call us at: (408) 370-6727 and request their extension below.
Mr. Kevin Holman, Executive Director
Ms. Adrienne Rube, Advancement Coordinator
Dr. Analiza Filion, Principal
Mrs. Marija Fisher, Vice Principal - Early Montessori, Preschool and Kindergarten Director
Ms. Melissa Ma, Director of Finance and Operations