Parenting Resources and Opportunities
Canyon Heights Academy offers several opportunities for parents to explore and learn more about parenting and faith. These opportunities offer words of wisdom and guidance for all our school parents.
Weekly 7-Minute Talks
Our chaplain hosts a Q&A following the Preschool/Kindergarten Mass each Friday. From 9:30-9:50 am, these 20 minutes include coffee, refreshments and about 7 minutes of discussion based on questions that parents and children have asked. Topics include parenting tips, healthy boundaries, understanding the brain’s development, strong and healthy identity, and more. No question is off the table!
Weekly Bible Study
A weekly review and discussion of the Sunday gospel. Through prayer and learning, each person can grow in wisdom and virtue to ultimately follow Christ’s command to “go and make disciples of all nations.”
Bi-Monthly Family Nights
Twice a month activity for the entire family. After dinner and fellowship, parents participate in a formative talk while children are cared for with fun activities. Talks conclude with parenting Q&A because children do not come with an instruction book!
Monthly Life and Theology of the Body Parent Discussion Group
Parents meet on the first Thursday of each month to discuss topics surrounding the integration of the human person and through it revealing answers regarding fundamental questions about our lives.
Our Lady of Santa Clara Retreat Center
CHA families are blessed with programs hosted at Our Lady of Santa Clara Retreat Center. Activities include evenings of reflection for men and women, young adult retreats, silent retreats following the principles of Ignatian Spiritual Exercises, and much more. Information can be found on their website: www.olscretreat.org
- Spiritual Life
- Growth in Virtue
- Public Speaking
- Leadership and Service
- Conquest, Challenge, Girls Club
- Choir and Elite Ensemble
- After School Activities
- School Events
- CHA Parents Association (CHAPA)
- Parenting Resources and Opportunities
Open House Schedule
Upcoming Virtual Open House Dates
- Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020 (Grades K-8)
- Saturday, Dec. 12, 2020 (Grades PK-K)
- Saturday, Dec. 12, 2020 (Early Montessori only @ 11:00 am)
- Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021 (Grades K-8)
- Saturday, Jan. 23, 2021 (Grades PK-K)
- Saturday, Jan. 23, 2021 (Early Montessori only @ 11:00 am)
- Saturday, Jan. 30, 2021 (Grades K-8)
- Saturday, Feb. 20, 2021 (Grades K-8)
- Saturday, Feb. 27, 2021 (Grades PK-K)
- Saturday, Feb. 27, 2021 (Early Montessori only @ 11:00 am)
- Contact us for a personalized tour
Ready to Apply?