The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd helps each child enjoy and enrich their unique relationship with God. CGS was the result of many years of observation of children by Sofia Cavaletti and her Montessori collaborator, Gianna Gobbi. The CGS curriculum is presented in the atrium, a special shared space where the child can pray and contemplate God through personal work with the materials. Joy is the hallmark of the atrium!
Canyon Heights Academy’s atrium, certified for Level I (ages 3-6), Level II (ages 6-9) and Level III (ages 9-12), is celebrating its 10th year of serving our students. Children in PK through grade 5 visit the atrium weekly, where they enjoy the catechists’ presentations on various themes and work on activities of their choice. Each activity is designed to inspire wonder and conversation with God. The presentation themes include: the life of the Church, the Mass, the Kingdom of God, the Parables, the Good Shepherd, the Incarnation, the Paschal Mystery, Moral Life and more. Our atrium expansion for Middle School will include topics such as the history of the Kingdom of God, Typology, the Sacraments, Virtues and many other themes.
In the early church, the faithful recollected themselves before worship and catechumens received instruction in the faith in the atrium. Similarly, the atrium at Canyon Heights prepares our students for a lifelong relationship with God and their involvement in the larger worship community.
- Spiritual Life
- Growth in Virtue
- Public Speaking
- Leadership and Service
- Conquest, Challenge, Girls Club
- Choir and Elite Ensemble
- After School Activities
- School Events
- CHA Parents Association (CHAPA)
- Parenting Resources and Opportunities
Open House Schedule
Upcoming Virtual Open House Dates
- Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020 (Grades K-8)
- Saturday, Nov. 14, 2020 (Grades EM-K)
- Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020 (Grades K-8)
- Saturday, Dec. 12, 2020 (Grades EM-K)
- Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021 (Grades K-8)
- Saturday, Jan. 23, 2021 (Grades EM-K)
- Saturday, Jan. 30, 2021 (Grades K-8)
- Saturday, Feb. 20, 2021 (Grades K-8)
- Saturday, Feb. 27, 2021 (Grades EM-K)
- Contact us for a personalized tour
Ready to Apply?
Click Here for our Full Events Calendar